[elky] Re: Visit from Iowans - Monte Head replacement

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 23:34:56 -0400 (EDT)

great news, and great pictures

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 3/20/2011 4:07:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
johncgg@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Friday  night Brother Jim, his 2 sons, and my Mom drove in for the weekend.
The excuse  was that I had 2 days off in a row, and some new heads in the
garage for the  Monte Carlo. It was great to see everyone. we had a real nice
visit. Jim and I  spend from early Monday till mid afternoon working on the
head swap. Zach  helped with some all important young back muscles for
torquing. Nate was in  the drive swapping his winter wheels to the summer
versions. Mom watched it  all from the drive, and Cindy was taking advantage of
the beautiful day  cleaning up in the garden. It was a beautiful day at nearly
70 and sunny for  the most part.

The swap was a success. No more smoking on the start  up, and it runs real
smooth.

Big thanks to Jim for all the help and  making the trip of 7-8 hours each
way to help out.... and saving my back.  Thanks to Mom for the dinner last
night. It was just great to see everyone  too.

For the car guys and gals: _http://www.myelcamino.net/monte/log3.htm#heads_
(http://www.myelcamino.net/monte/log3.htm#heads)     Click on the pictures
for larger versions.

1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI