[elky] Re: Truck Discussion (and urea injection)

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 23:05:23 -0600

    I'm debating new versus used, the older trucks are holding their
    value, but that may be due to the fact that the newer models have
    more emissions equipment (but not urea injection, that GM and Ford
    have).

I was ok until I got to the "urea injection" part. I'm not even gonna make a bad joke about it pissing me off or anything. I just COULD not believe that anyone would get to the point of buying a canister of refined urine. Then I checked into it a bit deeper and found that over 100 million tons of synthetic urea per year are produced world wide. And finally, I came to this article: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,773508,00.html which claims that cows not only eat it and get fat on it, but that they actually LIKE it. The article does mention that unless ya got 4 stomachs like a cow, it's probably not really good for ya.

Stranger than fiction. Stranger than science fiction. Almost as strange as "Soylent Green."