[elky] More pics Gauges with circuit board installed

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:34:20 -0500

Ok so I went ahead and put it all in. Took just over an hour to take it apart splice in the wires, test and then put it back together.

Here is a pic of the gauge cluster sitting in the pass seat just after splicing and final testing to make sure the gauges still worked. http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/elcam84/Image_173.jpg

All the splices before putting the connector back in place. To the left of the column you can see my relays for either the remote start or keyless entry (can't remember). To the right you can see a grey relay, that's one of the TPI relays. There is no room at all under the dash for remote modules wiring etc. It's real tight and a mess. http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/elcam84/Image_174.jpg

Close up of the gauge pod with the wires running off. http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/elcam84/Image_175.jpg

Dash connector back in place and getting ready to tuck everything back in. http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/elcam84/Image_176.jpg

Everything installed again. Engine at idle and in gear. http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/elcam84/Image_177.jpg

The headlight switch is still in it's bracket but it's just sitting there so until I get the correct bracket and knob I'll just have to be careful with it. The knob release was either not releasing or not catching at times and I had to take the face off again cause it wouldn't snap back in... Arghh... The volt meter is ticking in time with the turnsignal now. Never did that before but it is reading closer to proper voltage now instead of way low. Oil is fine but the gas and temp I'll see on the trip to get gas.

I'll see how the bulb I added looks in a bit. It might actually make seeing the gauges better since it's further up towards the faces. The stock bulb is still there behind the board and can't hurt to have it going still.

The dash is getting really awful though and I'll need to get the dash insert and radio bezel for the Monte SS now. The Pioneer radio is Ok. Really should have bought the Sony as it has allot more stuff standard and it looks better and is a whole lot easier to use. Need some speakers for it too....