[elky] Re: Horsepower TV this weekend

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:28:22 -0400 (EDT)

I can recommend a ride if you are looking for a good handling road car.
Start with a Trans Am. If your pockets are deep hunt for a SD  (Super  Duty).
Sits low and wide.

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 10/31/2011 12:44:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ctsvmongo@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Did anyone else catch the Pro Touring segment on Horsepower  TV this
weekend???
_http://www.powerblocktv.com/site3/index.php/horsepower_
(http://www.powerblocktv.com/site3/index.php/horsepower)
I as in the garage painting with my son, came in about  10:30 hungry as
could be- grabbed a quick sandwich and sat down remote in  hand.  We only
caught about 2-3 minutes of it, and I want to know more- I  cant find pictures
of
cars like those anywhere, I haven’t found much for true  racing pro touring
cars like the ones on the show, nothing on ebay compares to  them.
There was a nova on there that had to of had 10-12 inch  wide tires on the
front, the backs were much wider, and all tucked in the  wheel wells nicely.
I found _www.protouring.com_ (http://www.protouring.com/)  a forum but 99%
of  what Ive found on there… was just an old car with big wheels on it.  I
want to know how these guys are slamming their rides to the ground, and
stuffing all that meat under them, and maintaining drivability.  Any  ideas?
Its not something we see around here…