[elky] Re: Gas smell

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 05:45:07 -0500

That part looks OK. I replaced the throttle body not long ago (rebuilt with
new bushings on the throttle shaft... big improvement), and put in a new zip
kit at the time. The first time I did that, when I upgraded the injectors, I
made the same mistake with those o-rings, and was very careful the next
time. It runs great...... really good. I have narrowed the smell to the back
half, but have been working, so no time to check it out. No smell when it's
sitting, only when it runs.

I think it's the return line connection at the tank.
JC