[elky] Close-up Photography Question

  • From: Chris Lindh <chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 12:24:52 -0500

My Canon T1i is taking great photos of the family, scenery, etc. but
the close up photos of parts aren't turning out as well as I'd hoped.
The reason is obvious.  Even with multiple lamps I don't have enough
lighting.

I'm going to build a light box per this blog:

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html

My question is: he is using a flash for lighting - do all flashes have
a feature where you can turn them to "on" for a few seconds to
illuminate your subject?  Or will I need a remote cord?  Ideally I'd
get two flashes so that I can have even lighting.

Thanks!
--
Chris Lindh
http://www.PartsForSpeed.com