[elky] Re: Cindy in the hospital

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 08:29:39 -0500

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 6:53 AM, John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> First off, Cindy is doing great with her other battle...... but all the
> scar tissue in her inards decided to knot her intestines again. This has
> happened from time to time over the last 20 years, and usually passes, but
> it happened the day Nate was going to Prom 7 years ago or so. He was
> standing in a tux going one direction, and Cindy was on a gurney loading in
> an ambulance going the other direction.  All they can do is give her pain
> meds and IV fluids till it passes. So Sunday morning I called 911 and we
> carted her off. They kept her overnight, and she escaped about 3 PM. I
> swear, everything they do in a hospital takes an hour. Discharge started at
> 7 AM, and it took till 3.

             Ugh.  A friend used to audit hospitals... She found they were
the worst run businesses out there. No one knows how to do book keeping or
logistics in them.

> So we are trying to get some rest on Monday night, and she woke up at 1:30
> AM with pain in the bladder area. It was severe enough that I convinced her
> to take another ride to the ER. Turned out to be a severe bladder infection,
> and we were there till about 4 AM. About 10 AM after some rest and food, she
> was better, but pain meds were making her I was off Tuesday, and took her to
> all her jobs. I didn't want her driving around. As long as she ate a bit
> periodically, she was fine.

                 Hope she gets better soon.

> I go back to work today, after being gone all but a few hours the last
> couple days. That's why I have been scarce on the list.
>
> El Camino content:
> I drove the car to the hospital and back on Monday afternoon/evening. It
> drives great. Although I didn't push it (where I have to drive to the hosp.
> has no place to floor it for instance) it seemed to have great throttle
> response, and for some reason it sounded different under heavy throttle.
> (better).

              There is always somewhere to floor it....

> The only thing, is that smelled a faint gas smell. I checked several times,
> and even stopped on the way to look. There doesn't seem to be any gas
> hitting the ground. I suspect a connection on the top of the gas tank to be
> the culprit. I had a tough time getting the return line back on. The line
> probably has not seen much action, because the fuel pressure was so low,
> that not much returned to the tank. Another theory, is that somewhere, a
> rusty line could have been disturbed in the separation of body and frame,
> and it was spongy, and might be seeping. Although, again, I don't see
> anything hitting the ground. I didn't disturb the connections at the
> throttle body, and I looked there for leaking. Also the return line at the
> front seems to be OK. I would hate to drop the tank again, but I might have
> to lower it a bit so take a look there. I just need a fuel injection fuel
> cell and sending unit. Any suggestions?
>
> Back t work.....
> JC
> ---

                            Might be the o-ring at the tank. Only takes a
slight gap for fumes to come out and really stink it up. I need to work on
mine and redo the charcoal canister. Without a canister system working right
you will always smell a little gas here and there and with FI it can be
worse because of the recirculation of fuel.