[elky] Re: Airless Tires

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:16:19 EDT

I saw the video on this the other day, and thought what a  great idea. Then
my logical mind found a few flaws.
    First, I see a balance problem when snow or  mud gets in the "spokes",
Second, it inherits the problem's of spokes  by jamming sticks, or pipes
through it.
   It would be a great idea for the DMV to put a  wheel cuff on it.
  There are pro's and con's about everything.

-Smoky Mt Frank-

In a message dated 3/16/2010 4:22:06 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
johncgg@xxxxxxxxx writes:

AIRLESS New Tires- from  Michelin

SEE-THROUGH  TIRES

Radical new  tire design by Michelin, made in South Carolina .
The next generation  of tires.
They had a pair at the Philadelphia car  show.

Yes, those  are "spoke" like connections to the inner part of the tire from
the  outside tread "wrap!"  The next picture shows how odd it looks in
motion.

Makes you  wonder how the ride feels doesn't it?

These tires  are airless and are scheduled to be out on the market very
soon.   The bad news for law enforcement is that spike strips will not work on
these.  Just think of the impact on existing  technology:

A. no more  air valves...
B. no more air compressors at gas stations...
C. no  more repair kits...
D. no more  flats...

These are  actual pictures taken at the South Carolina plant of  Michelin.

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image