[elky] Re: 76 GMC Sprint --- pictures attached (hopefully)

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 07:48:39 -0500

            Not sure what fits power window wise but I'd look into it. The
doors don't seem to be any longer than the 78-88. I shipped a couple 78-88
doors and I weighed them... From what I remember it was about 130 pounds.
That's allot of weight for hinges that are designed for a 2 door car.

               I put a new radio in the elky a while back and it came with a
remote... Though why? But after having it that's all I use. It's allot
easier than using the controls on the radio... I got a pioneer and they lack
all the basic buttons and have a stupid joystick knob that does everything
instead. Will never buy another pioneer will stick with Sony etc. Went on
the advise of the audio guys to go with Pioneer...  I also use the remote
cause the radio is too far away. I have the seat all the way back and the
radio is not in a good spot int he 84.

             I'm not a fan of the 73-77 disco elkys but IMO they are the
nicest riding and big inside. The ones with 454s were sad since gm put such
a bad cam in it but fixable though I'd keep with a low rpm torque cam for
any daily driver.

                    Robert Adams