[eekosmembers] Re: Money for eekos Gambia options

  • From: "Kevin Ison" <kevin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <eekosmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 05:50:25 -0000

Hi Don,
Yes, I agree on the loan idea. Once we get going I think we could be looking
for money / investment for a number of projects and from a number of sources.
But the core eekos should be careful about where it gets money. If we can keep
this relatively debt free and get agreement on loans then
it will remain the stable centre of eekos internationally. If we set up each of
the international agencies as limited liability companies then if any of them
fail or get into legal  (or political!!) trouble it will not affect eekos as a
whole.

Then the "projects" (enterprises?) can be all set up as limited liability
companies so again, if they fail then it will not affect the core company.
For example if someone in UK sets up a solar panel importing company where
eekos has 40% of the shares as an investment, then if it fails, then eekos is
not liable for any debts of this company.

Regarding the link to the eletters. Yes, this is critical as I have a few more
persons seriously interested and I think in the coming months there is going to
be more persons looking at what we are doing and interested in becoming
associate members.

I was keen to add a section in the main "links" page of eekos site that went to
your site and various others that members and potential members could use. In
particular the type of article on democracy that you sent me. As well as the
basic mechanical concepts such as "Goals" we could also list various conflict
resolution and democratic agreement method type articles and links so that when
discussions become emotional, we could refer
 to them (e.g. the "6 hats" of De Bono and "brainstorming techniques" type
thinking). They would be on the main website so that the public can see our way
of thinking as well as benefit from the articles all in the one location.