[eekosmembers] Re: Allocation of shares

  • From: "Kevin Ison" <kevin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <eekosmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 06:45:44 -0000

Hi Don,
yes, no rush on it. We do need to sort it out for the Gambian guys as I think I
have finally found a solicitor that will is able to communicate
internationally. We need to figure out the best way forward with the shares so
we can figure out how to set up Gambian company with the solicitor..

Again, my idea is that ownership of capital (future assets in the company) is
not that important to this company. My idea is that it will be just too
complicated over international and cultural boundaries to try to allocate
shares according to how much people have contributed to the business.
The equal shares merely act like a membership badge, an equal membership badge,
so that when we finally have meetings with people from a number of countries
(online of live), we will all meet with an equality born from the equal
ownership.

Individual ways to build personal assets can be integrated into the "projects"
that are linked to the company. Someone can make a load of money, yet still be
helping to run the core of the company, the bit where we are all equal. This
give maximum flexibility in varying business environments.

Once we use the 1000 shares up, we merely create another 1000 and start again.
Unallocated shares are not owned so not part of the ownership of the company.
It would be good to have a solicitor aboard who can help us a bit with this,
but they cost too much, and I am sure we will come across help in the future.

Kev