[eduos] Re: Searching Info

  • From: Frank Cornelis <Frank.Cornelis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alejandro Palacio <alpawi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 19:17:58 +0200 (MET DST)

> I would want to make you two questions:
> - If I call function without register them like tasks, what could happen in
> the program, maybe an Error in the execution time?

When you call a function you just run it in the current kernel task that
is calling the function. Of course, NO exception will occur since calling
a function is a very normal thing to do. You can even call a function from
withing the normal main procedure and also from within a registered kernel
task function. Only then there can occure a race condition on globally
used variables. Variables locally allocated on the stack should not be a
problem.

> - There is actually in the net some free OS implementation builided using
> EduOS?

Nope, EduOS is just for educational purpose and it is not intend to be a
very productive OS. Just to learn about OSes is the goal.

> Again thank you, and I hope don't disturb you

When having more questions, feel free to ask.

Frank.

The EduOS home page can be found at:
http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~fcorneli/eduos