[eduos] Re: EduHelp again

  • From: Frank Cornelis <Frank.Cornelis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alejandro Palacio <alpawi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:12:22 +0200 (MEST)

> How do you compare your variables? Use:
>
> > a == 5
> >instead of
> > a = 5
>
> Hi mr. Frank. Obiously my problem isn't if( a=5), really when I scanf
> from the keyboard an int, the var always take value = 0; im looking for
> why, but maybe is a problem in scanf function, because when I scanf a
> string, the var takes the expected value; What do you think?

Seems like a bug in scanf to me...I will check this out.

> I would want make another question, when I'm going to use multi-tasking,
> i define
>  TaskEntry *Mytasks;
> And I understand that I must use
> Tareas -> taskDesc = registerKernelTask ((dword) mytask,0);
> registerTaskDescriptor(Tareas);
> Where mytask is a function.....but it shown a code segment error in
> execution time...
> How can I do it in the right way?
> And, if i want insert another task, how could I do it?
>  must I use
> Tareas ->next = ????
> Any mini-example is welcome!!

Just use registerKernelTask for each task you want to start.
registerTaskDescriptor should not be used! registerKernelTask does the job
for you. Take a look at task.c for the implementation.
When using registerTaskDescriptor yourself, you need to setup the
task_entry yourself.

> Really thanks for your help, I'm progresing in my job, and I hope upload
> my final job, for guide new users, and help to EduOs grow very fast!!!

That would be a great help indeed...keep up the good work.

> Thank you again, and I'm sorry that you spent your time whit my
> questions(some of there could be stupid)

As already quoted by so many:
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

BTW: I won't be able to track/fix the scanf bug very fast, since I have to
study for my examinations.

Greetings, Frank.

The EduOS home page can be found at:
http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~fcorneli/eduos