[EdSharp] Re: Getting EdSharp Under Active Development Again?

  • From: derek riemer <Derek.Riemer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edsharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 13:43:05 -0700

I would be happy to help if it were refactored a little to not be in one massive c# file, rather multiple files and designed in multiple discrete classes.

Cheers,

Derek

On 11/23/2016 3:55 AM, Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:

Hello,
I would like to see EdSharp get updated a little and moved to be more active on Github.
There are several issues that are open and a branch that needs to be reviewed.
Also I believe the version on Github is a little out of date.
I think what is needed is the following:
1. A little more modular source code rather than a 356KB file. Jamal, how do you manage in your development? Do you just use the single file?
2. A documented way of compiling and testing to make sure new code works.

I would also like to know if there is any type of plugin system currently in EdSharp? If not, there really should be. I am not sure of how to implement one, but I would like it if one could have plugins in python and or Javascript.

I have been doing development in C# recently, so I am by no means an expert in C#, but I can work in it pretty well.
I would also like to see more developers contributing to EdSharp as a great number of blind programmers use it.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>

   Derek Riemer

 * Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
 * Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
 * Open source enthusiast.
 * Member of Bridge Cu
 * Avid skiier.