[edi581] Outlook virus (again)

  • From: JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 00:28:21 EDT

I just came across the following virus warning. Once AGAIN, it targets users
of Microsoft Outlook (and Outlook Express). This is exactly why I continue my
crusade against using Outlook for "casual" users.

Jerry Taylor
Technology Integration Teacher
Greece, NY School District
Web page - jerrytaylor.homestead.com
1. W32.Klez Removal Tool
W32.Klez is a particularly nasty virus that escapes many
anti-virus systems and is proliferating . Here's the
Symantec description: W32.Klez.gen@mm is a mass-mailing worm
that will send itself to all email addresses in the
Microsoft Outlook Address Book. The subject and attachment
name of incoming emails are randomly chosen. The attachment
will have one of the following extensions: .bat, .exe, .pif
or .scr. The worm may include a virus that will destroy all
files on the 13th of March and September. The TuDogs link
takes you directly to the download page for this free
removal tool. Found at http://www.tudogs.com/virus.php

   Jerry.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx