[edi581] Re: Online predators -- not what you think

  • From: "diana romeo" <dromeo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:40:25 -0500

   Among other facts, the research states, "the victims, primarily teens aged
13-15..." It does not give the average age of the predators.

   Sex between an adult male and a girl as young as 13 is a CRIME, even if no
force is used, and for a good reason. The law says that a girl that age is
incapable of making an informed decision, and therefore intercourse can never
be consensual.

   An experienced male of 21 or 22 years old has an enormous advantage over a
13 year old girl. What do they mean when they say, "the predators do not
deceive them"? They may not deceive them into thinking they are a person their
own age, but the victims fall in "love" the predators for a reason. Many of
these girls come from home environments where they have never known love, or
have other emotional needs, and the predators are very good at feeding on these
needs and deceiving them into believing that they are really offering  them
love. The cynics will scoff, but these girls are of the of most vulnerable
kind, and the adult male are predators in every sense of the word.