[ebooktalk] Re: What have they done to Audible?

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 09:55:39 +0100

Hi Trish

It sounds as if the combination of Internet Explorer and JAWS that you are
using cannot deal with the new features on the site. I suspect that even
non-screen reader users with Windows XP machines will also have problems.
Over the last couple of years HTML, the language used to build web sites,
has gone through considerable changes and site developers obviously want to
take advantage of these. Unfortunately, not all the developments are
backwards compatible so older versions of software become obsolete.

Depending on your version of Internet Explorer it may be worthwhile
downloading either NVDA or the trial version of JAWS14. If you are still
running Windows XP then this will probably not make much difference as the
latest Internet Explorer you can run is IE8.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Steve