[ebooktalk] Thomas Cromwell.

  • From: "Elaine Harris \(Rivendell\)" <elaineharris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 22:29:43 +1000

Steve,

Hilary Mantel worked closely with a Cromwell scholar writing Wolf Hall; she
gives her full credit for research; I think what she is portraying is the
saying from, I can't remember where, "Cromwell would have been a better man
if he had served a better master", and, as implied in some of yesterday's
emails, his ruthlessness increases as Henry becomes more capricious.

Sad ending; not sure if I can face book three when it comes but I will.

Elaine