[ebooktalk] Re: Susan Hill

  • From: "Tar Barrels" <tar.barrels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 19:21:06 +0100

Clare, thanks for recommending Strange Meeting - it sounds more like my sort
of book. I'll email Calibre this evening.
By the by, I don't suppose you have a text copy of Farewell Leicester Square
by Betty Miller, do you? If so, might I have a copy please? If not, I'll
scan it and offer you one.
We're just home from a lovely day on the train from Carlisle to Ravenglass,
for David's birthday. The old boy draws his pension from today, so we
celebrated with fish and chips in St Bees. Along the way I listened to The
Edwardians by JB Priestley - I've not read anything by him before. A bit
dated and ponderous, but very interesting.
Thanks
June