[ebooktalk] MILLS & BOON MURDERS

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:20:38 +0100

Hi

I have just started reading a novel by Christopher Myers. It is one of a
type of book I have not come across before and I am not sure I want to read
any more of them. It is an extremely lightweight murder mystery - the sort
of story that gets used by the thousand to make weekly American crime TV
series. This particular author seems to have written about a dozen different
series of books with series names like Soapmaker Murders and Candlemaker
Murders. I suspect that it is a case of finding half a dozen plots and then
setting them against different backgrounds.

Agatha Christie and Dick Francis are literary masters compared to this type
of thing. I feel that the paucity of material available to us have protected
us from this kind of reading - I mean they probably sell by the thousand but
are forgotten five minutes after they are closed.

Steve