[duxuser] Re: with Greekdifficulty

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:33:34 -0400

There is no need to modify the wrduni file. That is the job of the staff at Duxbury as new languages with new scripts are added to the languages supported by the Duxbury DBT translator.

Here are the steps you need to take to make sure that all is well.

1) Load Microsoft Word. load the file you want to bring into DBT
2) Place the cursor in the middle of a word
3) press Alt-X
4) Alt-X swaps the current character with the Unicode number. It should be a hex number starting with 03, such as 03A5. Press Alt-X again to restore your file
5) Import into DBT
6) To make sure the translator is set right, go to Global, translator tables, and make sure it is set for Greek
7) Translate the file.

Note that something similar is used for any language you translate into DBT. Make sure the file is as you expect, import into DBT,. make sure you have the right translator set up.

-- David Holladay
Duxbury Systems

At 07:10 AM 8/12/2008, you wrote:
Does anyone have experience modifying wrtuni.txt? I am having difficulty with translating a Greek file, and I am certain it is because of Unicode characters. I have no idea how to find the appropriate mapping values to insert. I understand the concept; just don't know how to get the data. The help files could provide more useful information about this and I wouldn't be disappointed.

P.S. I have gone through the steps of checking the Word importer, ensuring that I am using the Greek template, etc. This is actually koine Greek, which may be part of the "problem".

Sarah J. Blake
sjblake@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://www.growingstrong.org/>http://www.growingstrong.org

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. (Jer. 29:13)