[duxuser] Re: question using DB and braillelite

  • From: "Lisette Wesseling" <Lisette.Wesseling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:18:30 +0100

Hi Pamela

I do this exact same thing myself with by BLM 40. I find the cleanest files
are achieved as follows:
1. Open the word file in dbt.
2. Translate into braille (ctrl t).
3. Save this braille file as a formatted braille file (I usually use USA
encoding). Do this by using save as, not just save. If you use  the save
option you just save the dbt braille file with all its codes which look
messy on the braille display.

Then just find the file , which now has a .brf extension, in \dbt docs and
copy to your braille lite. You may want to set the line length in dbt to 38
instead of 40 so you don't get little run over lines. Do this before doing
the ctrl t step (using the global menu/embosser).

Hope this helps.

Lisette