[duxuser] Re: question maybe off topic?

  • From: "Gary Patterson" <gpatterson002@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 22:38:08 -0500

Hi Lisa, I am sending this directly to you because I don't want the resource
I am going to suggest to be barraged. I mentioned three women in the braille
production department at the Iowa Department for the Blind. There was a
woman here in Iowa who more or less served as a teacher for the folks in the
Department's transcription program, group. They could tell you whether that
resource is still available. I realize that you could not be certified by
this group; however, you could progress up to the transcription of the
manuscript which is the final step for certification.

I can't spare the time to be of help to you as far as the course is
concerned. The braille formatting course I am taking has five volumes, in
braille, of rules. But if you really get stuck, let me know.

The womens' names are: Laura Williams, Roxanne Hensley and Karen Cunningham.
The main switchboard number is (515) 281-1333.

I hadn't heard about the snag in the transcribing program. The certification
which I am seeking is given by the National Braille Association.

Let me know if you need a question or so answered.

Gary Patterson