[duxuser] Re: leading commas

  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:17:19 +1000

I don't believe the original point of this thread was correct/incorrect
spelling (or braille) in brl or print, but more the relevance of showing
different print typefaces in braille where there is a space constraint.
I think it's a bit ego-centric to be so anal about transcription to the
absolute letter (errr ... font) especially on something like a sign
where it is basically irrelevant. A text book for example is a different
matter, although some brl readers don't want double caps/type face
indicators as they maintain it over-complicates the reading.
Print readers put up with all sorts of foibles and errors, misspelling
(try SMS messaging), mismatched type faces and colours, pictograms made
of print, point sizes etc. and get over it, get on with it and ... guess
what ... we still understand what it says!!
IMHO Alan