[duxuser] Re: indents - why don't they don't come in with Word importer

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:19:32 +0100

Hi Ed,

Tabulation can be a tricky topic, but essentially it
requires that you set tab stops in DBT.  If you can give me
a specific example, I'll try to explain in more detail.

As regards making Styles "stick", you need to create a
Template, and then use that Template for new documents.

Let's suppose you have amended Styles in a document, and are
happy with the changes.

Go to DBT's Document menu, and select "Create Template".

Give your Template a suitable name, and press OK.

You will be asked if you wish to keep the document's code
and text in the Template.  Since you presumably will not
want to keep the text, answer "No".

If you now create a new document, you will find your
Template listed.

Should you wish to make the new Template the default
Template, click the "Mark Template as default" button.

If you have used your new Template, and made further
changes, which you also wish to "stick", go to the Document
Menu, Create Template, but this time use the same name as
before.  You will be asked if you wish to overwrite the
existing template.  Say, "Yes", and obviously "No" to
retaining the document's text.

George.

Lehman
> Sent: 20 June 2005 04:24
> To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxuser] indents - why don't they don't come in
> with Word importer
>
> 2 questions.
>
> Why don't my indents using the tab key come into Dux 10.5?
>
> How do I get a style that I created to stick in Duxbury so
> can use it in all documents from then on?
>
> Thanks, Ed
> * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
> * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
http://www.duxburysystems.com