[duxuser] Re: dbt 10.4 - 10.5 what a mess!!

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:20:51 -0500

Hello George:

The way I understand it, the JAWS scripts for DBT, are supposed to
work in versions of JAWS as far back as Version 4.0.

In actual fact, as you know, I have both DBT 10.4 and 10.5 installed
on one of my machines.  So far, I have not had any conflict problems
with the JAWS scripts in either 10.4 or 10.5.  Touch wood!

My suggestion to Fina if she cannot solve her problem would be to
uninstall both versions of DBT an re-install the two versions of DBT
to the two folder names, as follows:

c:\dbt104

and

c:\dbt105

By doing this, both versions of DBT are kept separate and will run as
independent programs from each other.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber