[duxuser] Re: classes at the Carroll Center

  • From: "Sandra McCoy" <smccoy67@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:12:37 -0700

I signed up at the Carroll Center site for the self-paced course and have begun it. This is to warn everyone that you have to take a pretest in the material before you begin. I took one look at the test, closed it, and emailed the instructor. I told her that I didn't know any of the answers and that is why I was taking the class. She emailed back that everyone flunks the pretest and it is used for comparison. I went ahead then and took it (I'm sure I flunked it.) I haven't figured out why they do that.
They also want you to take a computer knowledge test. I skipped that and they let me sign up for the Duxbury software class anyway.
The class is $100, but I figure with any complicated software program that training is needed, so the money is worth it. I want to get the most out of the DBT program. Maybe after I'm done I will know enough to join in some of the emails here. As of now I feel totally ignorant.
Sandy

From: Jean Menzies <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [duxuser] Re: classes at the Carroll Center
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:13:41 -0600

They're online classes. Go to www.carroll.org and click on the Technology link. The cost is $100 for the DBT class. Ther are two versions--a self-paced class or a scheduled class with chat sessions as well.