[duxuser] Re: Spoke too soon

  • From: "Caryn Navy" <caryn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 19:04:46 -0400

Hello again Chelsea and all.

Here's a little more background. When the JAWS settings file for PerkyDuck has
pixels per tab set too low, JAWS thinks that a space in the braille is a tab
and shows it as multiple spaces.

The default settings for JAWS seem to have pixels per space set to 8 and pixels
per tab set to 10. That is why I recommended that earlier. That works fine when
PerkyDuck is set for a reasonably small font size but not for larger font
sizes. I recommend now that you leave pixels per space set to 8 and pixels per
tab set to 18, or even higher if you are using a very large font size in
PerkyDuck.

All the best,
Caryn