[duxuser] Re: Question About Computer Braille

  • From: Patrick Burke <burke@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:49:59 -0700

Hi Curtis,

It's aggravating, but goes as follows:

Single cap letter sign is dots 456.
Underscore is the sign doubled: 456, 456.
All Caps indicator is 456, 345.
End of All Caps is either at next punctuation or with 456, 126.

I just checked that this is how Duxbury does it, in any case.

Patrick

At 02:38 PM 7/21/2003, Curtis Chong wrote:
Greetings:

In the American Computer Braille Code, I note that dots 4-5-6 are used to represent either the underscore symbol or a capital letter. If one has an e-mail or Web address which contains both underscores and capital letters, how is the potential confusion likely to be resolved?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Regards,

Curtis Chong

* * * * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *