[duxuser] Re: Page/Paper Dimensions

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:57:04 -0600

There are two aspects to this issue:

1) How is the embosser set up?
2) How do you want your braille?

Obviously, these are related questions.

In the embosser setup, there is a three-pane dialogue. The middle pane is where you describe how you have set up your embosser. If you have a version 3 Index Basic-D, then DBT 10.5 does not ask you the usual questions, because the software sends out escape codes to make the best possible output.

The dialog which shows up when you first go into the embosser setup (and when you leave it) asks for your desired page dimensions. Here is where you get to answer question number 2. Obviously, there are limits. While you may want 42 cells on each line of braille, this is not possible with 8.5 inches wide paper size. If you ask for dimensions which are not possible, DBT will give you suggestions.

I hope this answers your questions.

-- David Holladay

At 09:32 AM 1/18/2005, you wrote:
Thanks for the help David.  We are ordering DBT 10.5.  I have set the form
size to be 12" narrow but I was wondering about the characters per
line/lines per page settings.  Should these be kept to 42/30 respectively?