[duxuser] Re: Networking Basic-d

  • From: "Stephen Schmucker" <sdschmucker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:14:10 -0500

Hi George,

I tried what you suggested and got nothing. So I thought of doing the "he no" buttons again on the index. It came back with zeros in the ip subnet and gateway fields.

I decided to try a different cable. I plugged it back into the router and turned everything back on. I redid the "he no" and it gave me a different ip which leads me to believe it is using DHCP. I tried pinging the new ip and it worked.

So, the question arises. If it is using DHCP, and it is going to change everytime I turn the embosser back on, And I don't want to keep adding new ports, would I tell DBT to write to printer?

Thanks again for all your help.
----- Original Message ----- From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/24/2005

* as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
* subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
* options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list
archive
* is also located there.
* Duxbury Systems' web site is
http://www.duxburysystems.com

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.13.8/183 - Release Date: 11/25/2005