[duxuser] Re: Nemeth Translation

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 22:18:39 -0000

It's a little late time-wise over here in the U.K. to comment in
detail, but I'd just like to endorse what Birkir says, and in
particular from my point of view with British Braille Mathematics.  As
the UK Duxbury distributor, we took the UK's "Braille Mathematical
Notation" and after creating a Word document of it with all 400 or so
example equations input using MathType, and the correct braille
illustrated, we passed the whole lot through DBT 11.1.

While work is still on-going, the results to date produce accurate UK
math well into secondary school level using Word and MathType.