[duxuser] Latest DBT and Word 2007

  • From: "Caroline" <listmailstuff@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:03:59 -0500

Hi everyone. I currently have DTB 10.5. I've been wanting to upgrade but have
been putting it off for several reasons. Yesterday I think I just found a
really big reason for the upgrade, but I wanted to ask some questions before
proceeding.

I do most of my document preparation now in Word 2007. I'm still saving my
documents in the 2003 format, but 2007 is being used for document creation. I
use Worde styles very heavily, both because in the past it's allowed for a much
nicer transition into DBT, but also because then I know that visually, my
document looks good as well.

I created a document yesterday that used the Title, Heading 1, and Heading 2
styles, saved it, and opened it in DBT. Unlike my previous documents created
with Word 2003, about 99 percent of my styles were just gone. It showed bold
text, but that was about it, so I had to go through the document and redo all
my headings and things.

So, my question is this. Would upgrading to DBT 10.6 SR4 allow me to work with
my Word documents the way I did prior to Word 2007, or can I just no longer do
much of my formatting from within Word? To me, this has always been a great
feature, and I hope that this hasn't been lost. Thanks in advance for any
suggestions.

Also, I resubscribed to this list last night and haven't seen any messages yet.
Just in case, when replying, could you please also send your responses to me
directly at listmailstuff@xxxxxxx so that I'm sure of getting them? Thanks so
much for any comments.

Caroline

--