[duxuser] Re: Jumbo Braille

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 13:02:11 -0400

This is a matter for the embosser. It is my understanding that Enabling has one or more units that produce jumbo braille. I am not aware of this option being available from another vendor.

For Duxbury, it is a matter of slightly cutting back on the characters per line and the lines per page.

Good luck.

-- David Holladay
Duxbury Systems.

At 12:56 PM 9/6/2007, you wrote:

Hi, All,

I have read braille for over 40 years now.  I have heard of something called
Jumbo Braille but I have never felt it.  I understand that it is extra big
braille for use by those who have limited sensitivity in their fingers
usually related to diabetes.

Can Duxbury produce Jumbo Braille?  Does one need  certain makes and models
of embossers to produce it?

Bill