[duxuser] Re: I'm Looking for a Particular Drawing Book

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:26:34 -0400 (EDT)

Good news! We have located a relative of the author of the series of drawing books. (the author Mrie Porter is deceased). The Guild for the Blind who produced the books originally has no further interest in the books. Just last night I sent an email to the relative (a son or nephew I'm not sure). I've been told that he is willing to co-operate in making the Braillables technique available again but I eagerly await his personal reply. He may wish to re-sell some of the books (there are quite a few including several manuals) or he may be willing to place the books in the public domain. Either way, it will be a great service to the blind community. It is with great sorrow that we lament the many methods for producing tactile drawings which have come and gone because their creatores never left instructions.
Catherine