[duxuser] Help? Any Volunteers for Help.

  • From: "George Bell" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:03:34 +0100

Hi,

Please note that replies to the following should NOT be sent to the list.

I'm in the process of writing some additions to the DBT Help files, and am
looking for a few willing volunteers with some time to spare.  I hasten to add
that the work is unpaid, although it could be potentially rewarding, especially
if you are learning DBT.  (Which is to a large extent the type of person the
Help files are aimed at anyway!)  Expert users are also welcome.

I would appreciate help from both visually impaired and sighted users, since
the aim of the Help files is to be as universal as possible.  Certainly here in
the UK, the ratio is around 50-50.

Currently I'm looking for comments on simplified explanations about Templates,
Styles and commonly used Codes.  How understandable are they?  How easy are
they to navigate and read, both visually, with speech, and with a braille
display?  (Though not necessarily all three together)  Can they be improved in
any way?

What's involved?

From time to time, you will be sent a new helpfile.chm.  This is currently
around 2 megabytes, though growing as new material is added.  You will need to
rename your existing helpfile.chm, and put the new one in its place.

New items will be flagged for you to review and comment on.  Responses are
requested with 48 hours where possible, and will most likely require to be via
a closed mailing list and discussion group.  This list will also be open to
HTML format messages.

Confidentiality.

All material is confidential and should not be discussed or circulated outside
of the review group and specified Duxbury employees without prior agreement.

If you are seriously interested, please drop a line to
mailto:duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  I would appreciate a little background,
such as whether or not you are sighted, what kind of equipment you use Duxbury
with, and what kind of braille material you produce.

Please, please don't feel offended if your application is turned down.  This
will almost certainly only be due to the necessity to limit numbers.

All the best,

George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd