[duxuser] Re: French accents

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 13:38:29 -0000

Hello Peter,

Could you advise what your student is/was expecting by the "old"
method?

The UK Braille Authority's method is to prefix an accented letter with
dot 4.  However, you can apply DBT's "french" Style to any French Text
to obtain French single cell accented braille characters.

As regards this, and the setting up of your Index braille embosser,
please feel free to telephone (number  below), and I'm sure we'll be
able to sort things out very quickly.

All the best,

George Bell
Managing Director