[duxuser] Re: Formatting .brf Files.

  • From: gpatterson002@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 02:16:23 +0000

I surely am not an expert with respect to your problem, but I will give
answering a shot.

Some where in Duxbury documentation and from personal experience, you cannot
modify the line length while in Duxbury and retain this file as *.BRF. What I
believe you need
to do is to open your file in Duxbury. Use the Save As to create a file in the
*.TXT format. (Duxbury coded text)

Now, open your newly created text file within Duxbury. In your Embosser set
up, configure the number of lines per page and number of characters per line.

You may need to do some formatting, for instance coding headings, lists and
text that is not in the desired format.

Depending on how necessary you feel the material needs to be formatted, you
may not need to do a lot of formatting. I have gotten very proficient turning
the codes on Alt+F3 to aid in formatting. You may find that there are hard
line feeds that you may want to delete. A great deal of the time Duxbury codes
text in patterns such that you get to where you search for these patterns if
they need to be modified.

If you intend to distribute the file to others and they don't have Duxbury,
you might want to save this file as a *.BRF file.

Hope this helps. This is the approach I would take.

--
Gary Patterson