[duxuser] FW: FW: order of punctuation

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:44:01 +0100

Hi Jean,

Well done and thank you for spotting this. Joe's reply follows, and
the problem has been entered into the list of fixes required for a
future release.  Although not ideal but as a temporary work round,
fortunately the order of the Codes can be altered in the braille file
in Coded view.

George.

"As Jean notes, this problem doesn't seem to affect italics, nor bold
when it is represented as italics (as it is in the standard American
literary table and in the regular "textbook" table without "distinct
emphases").  But when using the distinct-emphases variant of the
textbook table, in a case such as

  In this sentence, this phrase is in bold (really). Now back to
regular typeface.

the closing boldface indicator is placed before the opening
parenthesis, whereas it should be after."