[duxuser] Dux 10.5 Organizational/Institutional Users...

  • From: "Senge, Jeff" <jsenge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:55:14 -0700

Hello Dux List,

I would like to briefly introduce myself as a new Duxbury
organizational/institutional user.  My name is Jeff Senge and I work as
the Information & Computer Access Program Coordinator at California
State University, Fullerton.  We have just switched from Mega Dots
(which I personally like a lot), to DBT 10.5, campus-wide with the
purchase of an organizational/institutional license.  I would be
interested in hearing from others who administer DBT across
organizations and institutions.

So far I have been kind of shocked to learn, if I have this right, I can
only install the organizational/institutional license on five computers
on our campus.  This was a shock to me because I bought the
organizational/institutional license so I could install it on say up to
about 25 machines across our campus.  Realistically, I doubt more than
two people would ever be using it at the same time but to distribute the
installations to best serve the students and staff, more than five
installations will be needed.  I'm waiting to hear back from the Duxbury
folks on this but according to the information I get back when I
activate the product, it sure looks like five activations is my limit.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something here and I would appreciate it of
anyone on this list could give me more accurate information about the
organizational/institutional license activation count.  I'm not trying
to throw fuel on the activation limit fire, just trying to learn exactly
how this activation thing works with regard to
organizational/institutional licenses.

All for now...

Jeff

Jeffrey C. Senge
Information & Computer Access Program Coordinator
California State University, Fullerton
(714) 278-7253
jsenge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx