[duxuser] Citrix/Network Install Errors

  • From: Tim Cunningham <tim.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:06:40 -0000

Hi all

Just a bit of information first in case it's important!

We have an Index Basic-D Embosser (10.31) running solely on the network over
DHCP.  We use a Citrix terminal services system where software is installed
to a Citrix/Windows 2003 server allowing clients to use the software over
terminal services.

We have installed a single user license for DBT 10.40 (I am aware the latest
version is 10.50 but we would like the older version to work before we
upgrade).

DBT launches fine and I am able to open a document, translate it how I wish.
However, the problem seems to lie with what DBT sees as the default
printer/embosser.

If I click Global > Embosser Setup it sometimes goes in straight away as the
Port setting is correct i.e. it points to Windows Device and our printer on
the network.  However, sometimes if I exit DBT, then launch it again, do the
same procedure and click on Embosser Setup I get an error as the Port has
changed to another networked printer or even my local printer.  This is
easily recitified by selecting the Braille Embosser from the list.

So, my questions are; is there a way in DBT and/or by editing an INI file to
set our Braille networked embosser port to be the default for DBT.  If there
is, where is the INI file stored?

I have attached a screenshot hoping that it will explain more about the area
I am talking about in case the email has made no sense at all!

Thanks

Tim

--

Tim Cunningham

Disabilities Support Technician

Student Services

Northumbria University

0797 497 2954

====
This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and
confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take
no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. Please reply to this e-mail
to highlight the error. You should also be aware that all electronic mail
from, to, or within Northumbria University may be the subject of a request
under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and related legislation, and
therefore may be required to be disclosed to third parties.
This e-mail and attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving
Northumbria University. Northumbria University will not be liable for any
losses as a result of any viruses being passed on.