[duxuser] Re: Betsy Whitney.

  • From: Joe Sullivan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:29:00 -0400

We here at Duxbury are very saddened to hear this news. Over the years Betsy worked with us in innumerable ways to improve our products, always with a kind approach, which she took with everyone. The world of braille has lost a great advocate, and a tireless worker.

Joe Sullivan
President, Duxbury Systems, Inc.

At  2011-03-16 02:07, Curtis Delzer wrote:

Betsy Palmer Whitney who significantly contributed to this list, died Sunday, (I believe it was then), and all I know is that she was unable to breathe, and they couldn't get her to the hospital in time to save her. Anyone who knows more, please communicate with me at:
curtis@xxxxxxxxxx

This weekend there will be a replay of an interview she die with books and beyond's Bonnie Blose.
She was the head hancho of Dolphin Press, in Honolulu.
where braille transcription was her main thing.

--
Currently in Fessenden, North Dakota Clear, 26°F Wind:SSW-200° at 5mph

Curtis Delzer
W B 6 H E F