[duxuser] Re: A word file problem

  • From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 05:26:30 -1000

Donald,
10.4 was so long ago, but it seems that there was some issues with long paragraphs or something being cut short. However, it was obvious in the DBT file that something was missing. I have no recollection of strange characters showing up when file is embossed that you are mentioning.
Have you tried contacting tech support? In the U.S. 978-692-3000.
Betsy
At 09:30 AM 1/15/2007, you wrote:

Hello,

Recently I was sent a word file which I imported into Duxbury
10.4.  I do not know the version of Word which was used to create
this file; however, the version of Word I use is 2003, although I
doubt that this really matters.

At any rate, DBT imported the file without difficulty; however,
when I looked at the embossed results, I noted a large number of
under-score characters (dots 4 and 6) where words in the file
were omitted.

I seem to recall a couple of years ago seeing a message stating
something to the effect that the Word program inserts
superscripted words only at the time the document is actually
printed; and thus, these words would not actually show when
viewing the Word file or when embossing such a file into braille.

Am I hallucinating again, or is my very fallible memory correctly
recalling the basis of this problem?  Also, if this is in fact
the problem, is there a fix for it?

Many thanks in advance.

Don Roberts