[duxuser] A Simple Circle

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 02:33:30 -0400 (EDT)

I would occasionally find it very useful to be able to insert some tiny embossed images into Braille documents. The include such simple shapes as circles and arrows. By using a two-pass method (running the embosser twice on the same page) it should be possible to insert such images, provided space is left for them in the text, without resorting to single-sided pages each and every time.
As a totally blind transcriber, the marvels of quictac and tgdpro software are not available.
In my spare time I am conducting research with various programs and various Braille translators to find workable solutions to this problem.
Imgagine the teaching and learning that could take place for the newly blinded or for kids if embossed raised print letters of a size and shape small enough and think enough to be readable without taking up entire pages could be inserted directly into Brraille documents.
I'm also researching editing programs that blind people can use to edit existing graphics and images.
Textures--embossing dots of different heights such as the many graphics prepared by American Printing House on special plates, would be a great advantage if this work could be done on individual embossers.
So far, the only thing that I've seen producing textures is the Tiger embosser which I do not possess.
If anybody has any information on these topics, please let me know. If anybody is interested in finding out whatever I find out, please write to me privately.
Students and non-students who read Braille would benefit from success in all of these areas. Thanks in advance.
Catherine