[duxhelp] Re: Consecutive capitalized words in French

  • From: "Christian Coudert" <ch.coudert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:31:39 +0200

Hello Peter:

The topic Philippe spoke about is our request #03.11 (your ref. #1418):

The French rule says:

a) up to 3 capitalized words: each word is preceeded by the capital sign
(dots 4-6);

b) 4 and more capitalized words: the first word is preceeded by dots 2-5 and
4-6, the last word by 4-6. For example:

PARIS EST LA PLUS BELLE VILLE DU MONDE
(sorry, folks! don't be envious...)

must be translated:

3.paris est la plus belle ville du .monde

This rule is a bit similar to the one for bold, italics or underlining. DBT
ignores the rule for capitalized words.

All the best.

Christian