[drivingpairs] they are here, they are here....

  • From: "Beverly Means" <beverlymeans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:16:01 -0800

My new pony pair arrived on Friday...fit as a fiddle and quite
rotund...seems they gained weight on the 5 day trip from Florida...

Ya gotta love ponies...such sensible creatures...

The pole the owner brought wouldn't fit my newer model Puddle Jumper so all
we could do is ground drive them...

...and they appear too big to be in scale with the freightliner
wagon...Drats...though one could pull it easily, if I had shafts for it...

But learning to harness them and drive them (coupling rein 101) was the most
important as I can drive them as singles to get some work in on them but am
letting them rest a few days...

They have settled right in, have made friends with the 3 older quarter horse
broodmares with whom they share a fence line, and have started to show
interest in me as I have the key to the feed locker <smile>

Beverly

She never moved the stars from their courses but she loved a good man and
rode good horses