[drivingpairs] driving

  • From: "Helen @ DP" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pairs List" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 09:47:18 -0600

Judy,
 If your Pasos already drive, then by all means drive them.   If they trott and
you want to CDE, then take them.   Enter at the training level and have a fun
time.    Not all of us are avid competitors, although some of us used to
be......like me.   When I do compete, it's to visit with other carriage people
and have a little fun.   I don't go to win, I go to drive and have fun.   The
horses love it too.
I have so many places to drive where I live.  It hardly seems worth all the
effort anymore to load up and go somewhere else to do it, when all I have to do
is drive out my gate....or drive over my bridge into the back wooded acreage.

I have found that driving through a residential area, residents will come out
and talk to you.   Nothing makes friends like a horse and buggy.     I used to
board in a residential area.  When I'd go driving, I'd take some sugar cubes
along with me.   Whole families would come out to the street to say hello and
pet my mares and I'd give the kids sugar cubes to give to my mares.
Consequently, my mares love children!

Helen