[drivingpairs] Re: biting

  • From: Mike & Marjean McIntyre <Tenpenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:55:44 -0400

The colt is definitely the low man,  although not near as low was he was =
couple years ago.  In the past when I would bring Kord back from a trip t=
he
colt
 would start licking, and sometimes would bend his knees about half to th=
ground.  Now,  he even somewhat challanges him to come in the barn first,=
 =

 although he hasn't yet. Kord is VERY dominate.  He was not gelded until =
9,
 and sometimes doesn't remember it, and will even still mount a mare.  =

My read is that the colt is just being a colt in about everything he is
doing,  he not naughty because he has a naughty temprament,  but he is li=
ke
a =

kid out on the playground trying to insite some fun.  But obviously I am
trying to firmly let him know this is not play time. =

Marjean =