[drivingpairs] This will be the group letter (last chance to correct me)

  • From: "Anya Getman" <agetman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:19:05 -0400 (EDT)

And last chance to join the ranks of people who have already emailed me.
There are 1300+ of you on these lists, let's go!  Please email me by the
end of the day tonight (Wednesday) .... Thx!  Anya

First Name, Last Name, email, member numbers*

*(USA Equestrian,  Eventing, Driving .... etc (I just did eventing in my
listing, adding USAEQ))

**************

Dear Decisionmakers,

This is a group letter, representing several more concerned individuals,
to make the point that many of us, who didn't have time to write a unique
letter, are just as dismayed by the decision to exclude our pairs
competitors.  Many of us aspire to these highest levels of competition in
the future, and we need the exposure today to result in a more accepting
atmosphere for our efforts tomorrow.  By not sending pairs, we are
basically suggesting that this category is a hack, and no one should back
it, or subsidize it, lest it get pulled at the last minute.  Nothing could
be father from the truth, but that will be the impression you convey to
people who do not know these drivers.  No matter how you feel about their
competitiveness, keep in mind that not everyone needs to win the very top
placing in every category.  Think about next time.  These same young
horses (and their drivers, already experienced) will be that much wiser,
and more experienced, from being sent this time around.  International
competition, and all of the logistical details surrounding it, is
different -- for the drivers, and for their teammates, the horses.  Please
give our teams this invaluable experience.  If you are committed to world
level competition in driving, show it, in all categories.  Thank you so
much for your time.

Sincerely,