[drivingpairs] Pairs, one more time

  • From: Mike & Marjean McIntyre <Tenpenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:02:10 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mr. Balch goes on to describe the competitor who qualifies for an
international
competition and then runs into a road block.  Again I quote, "Whether
because of
funding issues or not,, some of our more elite and experienced sport
leaders seek
to deny that competitor the opportunity to go abroad because 'they won't
win' and
'we can't have people competing internationally for the USA who don't
win.'"

This is absurd.  The job of any sport's governing structure should be to
maximize
opportunities for international competition, not minimize them and restri=
ct
them
to a pre-chosen few.<

Jay,  I am confused, and I haven't had time to go see if the article is o=
line.  The quote would appear to me to support our position that the pair=
should go, but your comment saying it is absurd appears that you think it=

says the opposite.  =

Marjean =